Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

New Blog

Dan Morton

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the encouragement Soren! I posted the final sculpted version of that one and the train guard yesterday. Hopefully today I'll get them in the mail to the painter, Roger Newsome. Roger has posted some of his excellent painted figures on this forum. That piece is for a collector in NYC that basically dictated the pose of the figure, setting, uniform to be worn - everything. The figure is a dead Soviet soldier, shot, fell in the autumn mud and his corpse has suffered the ravages of Russian winter. When Roger Newsome finishes the uniform will be light grey with cuffs and collar in bottle green with infantry red diamond insignia. The budenka may be a different color - they were available in different shades of tan, grey, medium brown, black - with red star and red insignia and piping. Roger will surround the figure in ice and snow. I'm hoping to exhibit this piece, Trotsky's train guard, and one or two others at the Military Figure Collectors of American show at Valley Forge Convention Center, King of Prussia, PA in May. [shameless plug... :P ]

All the best,

Dan