Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

WW1 Battle Atlas

jamesmcdonald

Recently I saw a beautiful Atlas of Battles of WW2. Is there a comparable book for WW1? I know about the Holt's one coming out, but I'm looking for a big hardcover one.

Thanks in advance, guys.

I have two sitting on my shelves. The hard-cover is Anthony Livesey's The Viking Atlas of World War One - good for an overview of a campaign. The soft-cover is Arthur Banks' Atlas of the First World War, which offers a more detailed view of battles - no doubt this one was published in hardback at one time.

There's also at least one more under Martin Gilbert's name, but can't comment on that.

I have two sitting on my shelves. The hard-cover is Anthony Livesey's The Viking Atlas of World War One - good for an overview of a campaign. The soft-cover is Arthur Banks' Atlas of the First World War, which offers a more detailed view of battles - no doubt this one was published in hardback at one time.

There's also at least one more under Martin Gilbert's name, but can't comment on that.

I have Arthur Banks A World Atlas of Military History 1860-1945. Its a 1978 hard back and he put some of his WW1 Atlas maps in it (12). So the WW1 map book must have been early 1970s.

stevem

A MilitaryAtlas of the First World War by Arthur Banks was first published in 1975 but there have been a few new editions since then and it's still in print.

Tom

Just to thank you for your help "SCOTTISH RIFLES WAR DIARIES" A couple of weeks ago. It led to everything I wanted!!!! This forum is great.

Thanks again, Jim

Amazon do it for the princlely sum of £6.00 plus P&P.... :D