Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

The Belgian Cavalry at Work

Dan Morton

This vignette is based on a famous WWI photo published in many wartime illustrated papers. It was painted in oils by a superb Dutch painter by the name of Marc Megroot and you can blame the sculpting on me. The Belgian chasseur a cheval is standing on his horse binocs to his eyes looking for the enemy. The names on the street sign have been painted over to confuse the enemy (as if they can't read a map and compass? :) ). Anyway - hope you like it!

As with most of my stuff it is a "one-off", no resin or kit copies being made or planned. It is for sale and I am starting to take a limited number of commissions. Selling the figures is not my real motivation. It's more about paying for the materials and getting me to a couple of model shows a year. If you are interested in purchasing this or another of my figures or commissioning me to do a particular figure, please contact me at dpzpmorton@cox.net.

All the best,

Dan Morton

post-4473-1163639322.jpg

Yes they did, Ozzie. I'm reading Col. Tompkins' account of Chasing Villa in 1916. The cavalry units lost many horses to over-work, malnutrition and terrible weather up in the mountains of Mexico. Tompkins clearly cares for the horses and often regrets their suffering.

I suspect a lot of the cavalrymen and horse artillerymen felt that way.

All the best,

Dan