Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

National Roll Great War, Part 6 Birmingham

gnr.ktrha

Hello,

Hope that someone can help. If you have the above volume can you please check page 216 and tell me if the S Howell listed was a Stephen Howell of the Gordon Highlanders? If it is him, please can you provide what information there is on him.

Thank you for all of your time,

Stewart

Hello,

Hope that someone can help. If you have the above volume can you please check page 216 and tell me if the S Howell listed was a Stephen Howell of the Gordon Highlanders? If it is him, please can you provide what information there is on him.

Thank you for all of your time,

Stewart

Stewart, finally had a look age page 216. The S Howell listed there is a Private in the RASC

The national roll does not seem to list any highland regiments. (Probably "National" just refers to "England" - quite silly really considering how many "Scots" regiments were involved)

Susan. (Ps maybe i am wrong, someone will put us straight).

Sorry for the delay as well.

Hello,

I don't seem to be having any luck :(! Thanks for taking the time to look. I was hoping he may have been an Englishman serving in a Scottish regiment. Of the one edition I have seen, there were a number of Southeners serving in Scottish Regiments. Just the same way that there were always a good number of Scots and Irish serving with the English Regiments.

Regards,

Stewart