Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Flight Cadet Lawrance Cecil Carr RAF

Lorne

My greeting to the Forum,

I am new to this forum an very pleased to have been able to find such a group of knowledgeable members. I'm hoping someone will be able to help me with some research which been toubling me for some time.

I have a RAF pilot's licence and log book that I am trying to research issued to Flight Cadet Laurance Cecil Carr RAF. It is licence number 6685 and was issued on Sept 16, 1918 He must have been one of the first cadets to complete pilot training under the newly formed RAF. Wasn't it the RFC until April 1, 1918? I could't upload a picture but would be pleased to e-mail it to anyone who may be able to help.

Carr was born in London on Nov. 16, 1899 (I'm amazed at how young these pilot's were). Aircraft flown ; DH6, RE8, Bristol Fighter. Logs between 20 hours a week to later average of about 50 hours a week. First flight 14/5/1918 last entry October 27th 1918. Logs signed by F,C. Elliott CI or CJ Griffiths CC Haynes C Seven and several unreadable signatures.

The Pilot's Log Book Army Book is numbered 425 was compiled by Lt Lawrence Cecil Carr. The log covers training flights between 25th May 1918 and the 27th October 1918. A number of training aircraft were flown and he qualified to fly Bristol Fighters with 33 Training Depot Station. GC.... The accompanying Royal Aero Certificate is dated Sept 16th 1918 and is numbered 6685. Apparently, after qualifying as a pilot he was posted to North Russia and served at Archangel. On discharge he emigrated to Canada and on the 19th August 1925 joined the Ontario Provincial police, a career he had for over 30 years. During WWII he served with the RCAF

Any information I can find would be greatly appreciated. I am particularly interested in where he trained, Archangel, the regiment he was posted to and where I can find out more about his career in WWII.

Please e-mail me directly. I'm rather awkward at finding my way around the forum and I don't want to miss a reply to my post.

Best regards to the group,

Lorne Bohn

(Canada)

Please e-mail me directly. I'm rather awkward at finding my way around the forum and I don't want to miss a reply to my post.

At the top of yiur post is a box marked Options - there you will find Track this topic... which will send you an email digest of posts made on this thread.

Then you'll be able to keep up with replies and everyone else can benefit from them too.

PS. Hello