Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

CWGC wrong?

Roy Evans

I am researching Able Seaman 218307 Joseph Lymn who went down with HMS Good Hope on 1st November 1914.

According to CWGC he is commemorated on the Plymouth Naval Memorial, Panel 2. but by my reckoning he should be on Panel 1.

I have checked the memorial on the web and in fact I can’t find him on either – HELP! Where am I going wrong? :blink:

Roy

I found him straight away. :huh:

The problem may be that he is on Portsmouth Naval Memorial not Plymouth!

Oops!

Thanks Terry

Roy,

You have my symapthy.

I was asked to photograph a name on the Helles Memorial in Turkey but could not find it.

Eventually I had to explain to the person requesting it that it was actually on the Chatham Naval Memorial. Dolphin will know the culprit but I won't name him here.

Martin

Roy,

You have my symapthy.

I was asked to photograph a name on the Helles Memorial in Turkey but could not find it.

Eventually I had to explain to the person requesting it that it was actually on the Chatham Naval Memorial. Dolphin will know the culprit but I won't name him here.

Martin

Martin,

I was hoping that this thread would quietly die and sink out of sight amongst the others. Now you've brought it to the top again. :(

Come to think of it, I've just done that as well :P

Roy

P.S. I do have a name on the Helles Memorial that I would like photographed......