Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

British army handbook 1914-18

armourersergeant

Just got this book out on loan from local library. Was not sure what to expect from this book but have to say on skim review of it I have to say I am really impressed.

It gives amongst many potted bio's of the main commanders, division timelines are included and there is a really good 'Higher direction of the war' chapter that explains the workings of the war council, CIGS and other roles not normally covered.

The pictures used to high light the book are not all the same boring ones you usually see and there is some really good ones of mortars and artillery peices.

There is obviouosly lots more than this but at £25 cover hardback price I would say it is well worth it.

regards

Arm

Just ordered the book from Amazon as a Christmas surprise for Husband,what a daft thing to say,he will be looking at the forum,some surprise! Read quite a few reviews on the book all of which were very positive.

Read a bit more since I posted this and its better then I thought, so much so, considering a book purchase myself, may be a xmas pressie in the offing this end of the keyboard.

Arm

Arm,

Will that be to add to all the other "Chrsitmas Presents" in that pile you dare not look at. I would have thought you were in to the Easter prezzie budget by now!!!!!!!!

I've just borrowed this from my local library today, and should start reading it next week, I'm looking forward to it now......