The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Book Signing at IWM Duxford

BOB ROBBINS

Just to let Great War Forum members know that the

author Anna Malinovska will be signing copies of her

book Voices in Flight (conversations with air veterans

of the Great War) at the Imperial War Museum, Duxford

from 11:30 am this coming Sunday, 12th November.

1844153991.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_V6036873

Cheers to all,

Bob

Hmm,

I'd rather have Maurial's (or Scarlett as many of us know her) signature. You know, she's the other name on the book that never gets a mention.

de gustibus non est disputandum, asine

de gustibus non est disputandum

mmm, no doubt.

I just wonder, however, why all the posts you have started here and at t'other WW1forum are related to Anna Malinovska and Voices in Flight. I'm also curious as to why Maurial is never mentioned in any post by yourself or Anna Malinovska even though Maurial's name is on the cover.

Is it perhaps a printer's error?

Is it perhaps a printer's error?

I reviewed this book shortly after its publication. It is a highly impressive volume, and I am keen to promote it in the UK. I mention Mrs Malinovska as it was she who, some three decades past, and commissioned by RAF Hendon, sought out and interviewed on film thirty-five veterans of the Great War. I have seen these films. The material edited for the book is all based on Malinovska's original research.

Incidentally, as you're such a fan of the named co-author, the correct spelling of her name, Mauriel, would be well worth the effort of acquiring.

Regards,

Bob

Incidentally, as you're such a fan of the named co-author, the correct spelling of her name, Mauriel, would be well worth the effort of acquiring.

There, you said it, it wasn't that difficult after all was it?

You'll have to excuse my spelling, after a couple of glasses of Rioja you should see how I spell "recommendation" or "necessary"!

It's not so much that I'm a fan, I just happen to know Scarlett/Mauriel via correspondence, and like her research on Albert Ball. All references to the book exclude her completely and I just find that odd.

Your review of the book seems to me to be equivalent to a review of Above The Trenches without mentioning the involvement of Christopher Shores or Russell Guest. Just my opinion of the impression left by your reviews and posts.