Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Royal Fusiliers

wulsten

Does any forum member know if there are any further records that may give an area he may have enlisted from or lived prior to enlistment such as enrolment books etc, any help appreciated.

Wulsten

If your subject had wounds etc he may be in the WO364 records for such as a disability pension.

I believe that these have not been depleted like the 363s are.

Best wishes

Sotonmate

believe no Bonhams in 364, via the catalogue, not listed on pin26 either

"Bonham" as a surname is not directly shown in the catalogue but if there are any soldiers with that surname in the WO364 series they'll be under the following two references or in the missorts...

WO364/300 Bone, George - Bonner, Clarence.

WO364/5052 Bonfield, Robert - Booth, Joseph S.

Hope this helps.

Steve

Hello Wulsten.

Try the Royal Fusilier Museum at the Tower of London And ask to speak to the Archavist Jim Callaher,tell him your situation and what youare trying to research. He should have a copy of your fellows attestation papers that will tell were he signed up the colour or his hair, eyes, ht, and chest measurement.Hope this

helps,Good luck.

Regards Andy

Try the Royal Fusilier Museum at the Tower of London And ask to speak to the Archavist Jim Callaher,tell him your situation and what youare trying to research. He should have a copy of your fellows attestation papers that will tell were he signed up the colour or his hair, eyes, ht, and chest measurement.Hope this

helps,Good luck.

Andy

Is that something you've tried? I wasn't aware the RF Museum had such things but if they do it could well be worth my while contacting them as well.

Have you had definite experience of this?

Steve

Hello George.

The Archavist at the Tower of London has been very helpfull to me in the past and present.He has an intrest in the Royal Fusiliers himself.See how you get on.Im sure he will help,let me know how you get on.

Good luck .

Andy.