Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Back From Ypres

Paul Reed

Just got back from Ypres - amazing number of people there this year, probably a record?

Nice to see so many forum Pals; recognised Lee by his hat, at the Menin Gate!

Jacky was doing us all proud at the Menin Gate, and veteran Arthur H. read the exortation.

Also found myself on Belgian TV... they were covering the event in some detail. As were the BBC?

Top marks to the B&B at Tyne Cot who, along with the Zonnebeke tourist office, supplied toilets, free tourist info and a tea/coffee/soup stall close by the cemetery... all free of charge. An excellent, and very kind initiative - and the leek soup was great!

How did other Pals get on?

went to london yesterday

it was electric.the amount of people in whitehall and the opening of ozzy memorial was brilliant saw my first british ww1 vet.

saw a number of people. the prime minister ,the queen ,ozzy priminster,I.D.S and richard holmes

but no pals sadley

pals

Just to show how thick I am at times.Untill today I thought a vet,in ww1,was someone who treated horses.I thought there must have been lots of vets looking after these poor animals but that the interest in them was a bit over the top.Now the light has dawned.

I to am of course interested in the vets.I am so glad the 11/11/03 ceremonies went so well.To paraphrase a Jewish oration Next year at the Menin Gate.

GOD BLESS THEM ALL

JOHN :unsure: