Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

An uhlan attacking French infantry

Soren

The scene as "seen from a certain distance" is still hair raising... one feels the terror of the French soldiers at facing a horseman with a lance.

Gloria

P.S.: Just checked the ebay place... how do you make the prints? (i.e. are they lithographs or other techniques?)

Hi Gloria,

They are printed at a commercial printers that's how the prices can be kept down.

I would rather make lithographs or etchings, however that would make the costs shoot up, I studied stone and plate Lithography on a Masters course back in the late 90's........

Thanks Soren,

The prints all look fine to me as done by the printer... it's really hard to choose. My sister did prints for the last two years at Fine Arts studies, and I'm acquainted about the difficulties and costs of such techniques... as you say Lithos or Brass-plate engravings would be fine but they would be also more expensive.

Best,

Gloria

a large copperplate etching when I exhibited in London would go for £300, but they were not anything to do with the great war in theme.

I have an etching press at home, when I finally get the space I'll start doing WW1 themed prints, having said that small ones would go for at least £50 pounds, which would put people off!