Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Proof again the the CBC are idiots

182 CEF

I was watching the CBC here in Canada ( will I never learn) and the show was about 5 brothers who fought in WW1.

At the end the CBC displayed the casualtie numbers on the screen

Get this

Killed 60,000 plus

wounded 252

yes 252

I thought it was a typo

The annoncer came on and stated that because the medical service was so poor if you were wounded you would die.

This from the National, Tax Dollar funded Broadcasting system.

Holy Crap, you gotta wonder!!!

Dean Owen

Dean,

Every time I get frustrated with the CBC I take a look at the crap that ABC, NBC, and CBS churn out and I don't feel so bad.

CBS which years ago set the standard for broadcast excellence with men like Edward R Murrow and Walter Cronkite recently scrapped a series drama on the Reagans under intense pressure from the right who did not find it sufficiently obsequios. Pandering 101.

And you did not even mention the worst of the bottom feeders, Fox, a Murdoch company. I know BBC has caught some grief for not reporting the truth about Iraq but you should see the contrast between it at 7 and the mainstream US networks at 630, much better.

I was watching the CBC here in Canada ( will I never learn)

Fully agree.

There are two rules I live by here, 1. DON'T watch the CBC and 2. DON'T read the Toronto Star. Both or which are so far left of center, that the facts are clearly of a secondary importance. In addition of course, their coverage of military related or Canadian heritage issues is laughable its always SO SO SO bad!

David

Richmond Hill

Ontario

David,

I still haven't recovered from the work of the McKenna boys, The Valour & The Horror,etc.

We have now an entire generation of young people who think that the only thing Canada did in WW2 was intern those poor Japanese fishermen. My annoyance with the producers of those historical minutes that were on TV all the time really surfaced when the only coverage given to our efforts in 39-45 was the episode about the female ferry pilot.

Here, here!

Absolutely agree on all counts. The valour and the horror was a national disgrace and humiliating slap in the face not only to the old boys of bomber command, but to all veterans!!!

My grandfather had friends lost in bomber command and I remember speaking to him about this documentary, and he was truly and deeply hurt by this 'documentary' which I choose to regard as a work of fiction.

You are not alone in poor news coverage guys, here in London our local news in the lead up to armistice day was all about a lad who was shot at dawn, he was described as being a private when the photograph showed him with two stripes up, and that he was dragged kicking and screaming over the top by a vicious SGT despite the family admitting they had not heard anything from or about him whilst overseas until the telegram arrived and everything is still a mystery. Its a shame thier case was weakened by trying to make the story so TVable (thats a new word I have just invented I think) I must agree with you about the CBC however from my experiences watching it when in BC, as for thier comments about the poor state of the Canadian Medical services they would have both John Mcrae & Robert Service penning poetry whilst turning in thier graves.