Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

BBC Great War DVD

dunmore44

This DVD set is wonderful. I remember seeing the original series on TV as a boy and was thrilled to be able to get aDVD copy last year.

I'm a teacher and am hoping to use the DVD's as part of a course next year. Does anyone know where I could lay my hands on a transcript of the series.

With the video version there was no real back up to tell the viewer what was on each episode and I could not find one on the net. Has anyone else?

I hope this series is as good as everyone has made it out to be, because I've just gone and bought it :D

Regards

Andy

P.S.

I don't want anyone telling SWMBO what I've done ;) not for a while anyway :lol:

Paul, can I ask you where you got the dvd with the US format? I've been searching in vain and haven't found one copy yet in that format. Thanks for any help... Tag

Tag I bought an interregion player so I could play this.

• 2 weeks later...

A truly excellent series of programmes. Well worth buying.

Should be compulsory viewing in senior schools to show the little blighters how lucky they are! (Sits back and waits for incoming mortar rounds)

Bob Kerr

Bob

Not at all - you are absolutely right - happy to take some of the flak

Sergeant Major Richard Tobin of the RND is superb in it, talking about Antwerp. He has a voice thats been everywhere and his words are poetry. I've seen him on "The Great War" and listened to him "Forgotten Voices of the Great War" CD set. I've even got the book to accompany the CD's so the words can be followed.

Too late now but I could listen to that man for hours. If other pals know who I'm talking about, can anyone place his accent?

Is it a kind of West Country/Bristol kind of accent?

Nigel

Should be compulsory viewing in senior schools to show the little blighters how lucky they are! (Sits back and waits for incoming mortar rounds)

Absolutely! Mortar Rounds? Who in their right mind would disagree with this ?

dunmore44 - buy the set - it is essential viewing.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

I was thinking about treating myself to an early birthday present and splashing out for the the 1964 BBC2 Great War series only 7 DVD. has anyone seen this and is it worth the money

donnmore 44...i bought the d.v.d.s about 18 months ago and i certainly reccommend you buy them

i still keep watching them from time to time ...

• 2 weeks later...

Foxy DVD - £39.25 free delivery

DDHE - £38.99 free delivery

If I am looking for DVDs then use Find DVD to compare prices