Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Help MIC Experts

Terry

post-1033-1161704281.jpg This morning I won a trio to 2364 (later 280574) Pte.William Cameron,HLI. From my initial research it appears that Cameron served with 1/6th (City of Glasgow) Bn (TF), of the 52nd Lowland Division.

When I downloaded his MIC, this was confirmed, with the entry 2(B) Balkans 2-7-1915. I knew that the 157th Brigade of 52nd Division had landed at Gallipoli 2-3 July,1915. I saw that Cameron had also received the Silver War Badge.

I am hoping that the Pals might help me in deciphering the comments in the Remarks section.

I would appear that the 1914~15 Star @ least was returned @ least twice for "adjustment {adjt/adt} probably for correction of mispellings,numbering etc;{check the medal{s} they may show signs of alteration of a letter/number,or two...

The codes @ the bottom of remarks are probably internal Medal Office references,to that or other correspondence.

Any thoughts on the KR 993 1923 comment after the pair? I have no idea what King's Regulation 993 is.

Terry,

How exciting! My Great Uncle George Cameron also served with the 1/6th HLI, and its the first time on here that I've seen anyone asking about the 6th, and another Cameron.

I can't help on the KR 993 bit now, but could check for you on my next NA visit, unless somebody else can help you out, before then.

If you need any war diary stuff, let me know.

Alie.