Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

PayPal

armourersergeant

Ok i am probably being thick but i have tried to use Paypal and it has said i need to give a card number which i have done and now it is saying i have to wait until my next statement on my card to get a digited number to verify my card and thus i can not use paypal for some time. Is this correct or am i over looking the obvious.

this would not be a problem except that i have bid on Ebay and got Lloyd-Georges memories for £4.20 plus £8 postage and i cant pay!!!!!!!

Confused

Arm.

Arm - as I recall I think it was to activate a balance greater han, say, £50 ie. you had a bal of £50 immediately (although I might be wrong on this as I joined up sometime ago).

If the seller accepts paypal only then email me details on my normal address and I will pay it for you and you can forward a cheque to me.

Sigs

Arm,

I use Paypal all the time and the verification is to do 2 things.

1. give you a discount on initial purchase (not much)

2. Increase your credit for purchases and credit using Paypals system.

I didn't bother because I allready have a credit limit on the particular Visa card I use and I am not interested in using their credit system.

I have a $800 limit set by Paypal which suits me without increasing it.

Just go ahead and use it and ignore the nag messages :angry:

Peter ;)

I had the same problem when I initially signed up to Paypal, all I did was emailed the seller, explained the situation and they were fine about waiting untill I got my authorisation code or, if they take it, you could use Western Union Bidpay, similar type of thing but you don't have to wait for an authorisation code.

Arm

A few years ago when I signed up I couldn't use paypal for any transactions until I had my number. I got around this by ringing my card company (which you are not supposed to do) and they told me the number. You might also get the number by checking you statement online?