Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

swaledale and wharfedale remembered

mrs shorty

Hi

Just thought i'd let you know of a new book out by Keith Taylor of the "Wensleydale Remembered" vein

all about the men of Swaledale & Wharfedale and environs whom lost their lives in the 1st & 2nd world wars, same format as before with outstanding photos and information

Cheers Sandra

Saw this in Ottakers, Northallerton today and it will definately be joining Wensleydale Remembered on my shelf.

Roger

Hi Roger

I am busy searching the net to find a copy of Wensleydale Remembered AN IMPOSSIBILITY i feel

I lent this book a year ago to a friend who now says they have no recollection of me doing so; needless to say this person is no longer on my Xmas card list.......

If anyone out there knows where i can get a copy of said book would love to hear from you

Cheers Sandra

Wensleydale Remembered

Roger

I know this is irreverent, but my first impression on reading this was "Oh - ideal name for a Wallace and Grommit tribute band".

Sorry. :(

Your more than welcome Sandra, let us know how you get on.

Roger

Hi Roger

I didn't have to ring the company for the "Wensleydale Remembered" book as my Mum bless her has permanently loaned me her copy which is signed by Keith Taylor himself Bonus........ :P

Hi Roger

I didn't have to ring the company for the "Wensleydale Remembered" book as my Mum bless her has permanently loaned me her copy which is signed by Keith Taylor himself Bonus........ :P

I see you're from North Yorkshire, certain I saw copy of book in Leyburn newsagents last week. However, even better opportunity - Keith is giving a talk at the Swaledale Museum in Reeth on Wed 18 Oct. I think it starts at 10:00 a.m., admission £2. Bet Keith'll be bringing spare copies of Wensleydale and he'll sign your Swaledale book at same time.

Chris (from Arkengarthdale) :)

I see you're from North Yorkshire, certain I saw copy of book in Leyburn newsagents last week. However, even better opportunity - Keith is giving a talk at the Swaledale Museum in Reeth on Wed 18 Oct. I think it starts at 10:00 a.m., admission £2. Bet Keith'll be bringing spare copies of Wensleydale and he'll sign your Swaledale book at same time.

Chris (from Arkengarthdale) :)

Hi Chris

I am from Leyburn but unfortunately will be at work, do you know if he is giving any talks anywhere else in the next month or so.....

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Chris

I am from Leyburn but unfortunately will be at work, do you know if he is giving any talks anywhere else in the next month or so.....

Sorry I didn't get back to you (been away in Gallipoli). Keith's talk was very good. Don't know where he's speaking next. If you're still searching for Swaledale etc, I suspect copies will be available at Swaledale Museum in Reeth or at Dales Museum in Hawes.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Just caught up on this one again after being away at sea. Glad you got the book Sandra :)

Roger.