Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

help understanding medal card

onthecauseway

I've just downloaded a medal card from NA. It is for a William Broderick of th RFA. We have a medal which gives a reg number. The downloaded image has 6 sperate cards all for William Broderick of RFA, however only ne card has the same reg number as the medal we have. Does this mean 5 other William Brodericks in RFA or William had a number o freg numbers. I've tried adding the image to this post but get a message stating it is too big.

Please can someone out there offer some help, I've looked at the help pages on this site but still very confused.

Paul

Hi Paul

Only one of the six relates to the medal you have. It's amazing how many men with the same name served in the same regiment.

Regards Kevin

They are most likely six different men.

Regards,

Neil.

Guest KevinEndon

I have sent you a private message with my email address, please feel free to send the M.I.C. to me and I will post it on your behalf as changing it so the forum accepts the photo can be a bit difficult.

Kevin

• 2 weeks later...

i had the same problem with my grandfather, i too found 6 cards all for a joseph downing, luckily only one served with the s.staffs, this was my grandfather