Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Montauban to High Wood

jay dubaya

Hi all, I'm tracing the last days of RHA/RFA Gunner 90230 Levi Woodhouse killed in action 18/07/1916 and is burried in Quarry Cemetery Montauban.

Montauban to High Wood

Does anyone have a detailed map of this area which would show battery positions around his date of death, and any info on which artillery brigades were in and around the area at that time... i thank you all for your time, Jon :ph34r:

Jon,

As there were many and numerous batteries in this area at this time it is advisable to more acurately identify (if at all possible) the battery with which he served. There is also the likelyhood that he was not killed near the cemetary at all and thus your research route would be flawed.

Roop

Jon,

As there were many and numerous batteries in this area at this time it is advisable to more acurately identify (if at all possible) the battery with which he served. There is also the likelyhood that he was not killed near the cemetary at all and thus your research route would be flawed.

Roop

Cheers Roop, still trying to find his Division & Brigade, the only info I have is 'C' battery. He entered the war in France & Flanders on 15/05/1915 after enlisting in Sheffield in 1914, but appears to have been a regular more than likely in the RHA (I'm having trouble researching the RHA) I'll try and post his photo dated Jan 1915 (judging by his uniform i think he is RHA at this time, but not sure when the photo was actually taken!) Hopefully this may open a few more doors..... Thanks for the time you're spending on this it's much appreciated, Jon :ph34r:

Cheers Roop, still trying to find his Division & Brigade, the only info I have is 'C' battery. He entered the war in France & Flanders on 15/05/1915 after enlisting in Sheffield in 1914, but appears to have been a regular more than likely in the RHA (I'm having trouble researching the RHA) I'll try and post his photo dated Jan 1915 (judging by his uniform i think he is RHA at this time, but not sure when the photo was actually taken!) Hopefully this may open a few more doors..... Thanks for the time you're spending on this it's much appreciated, Jon :ph34r:

Gunner 90230 RHA & RFA Levi Woodhouse