Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Southwold War Memorial

chrisharley9

Chris, I should like one, too, please for my WW1 serving female casualty project. Regards, Jim

Jim

already got you listed

Chris

Well i've spent ages looking at the site. Thankyou so much. Things make sense now!

Apparently Ben started in the 8th bn but i can't be sure without army records. I asked the N.A to do the search for me but feel a bit like i wasted £60. His brother served also and survived even though was injured twice. He was in the cyclist corps and i'm trying to decide on spending another £60 to check on his records.

I know of a civillian named Kett who was blown up by a mine during the 2nd world war on Dunwich beach would this possibly be the one you have listed? If so i'll attempt to look for the info.

Re Kett

all I can say is might be - id be grateful for anything on him

Chris

Hi Chris,

Great piece of work - I don't know if it will help, but the home of Arthur Cobb, on Brightfield Road in Lee, is literally round the corner from me. I will take a look this weekend and take a snap if it's still standing.

Cheers

Gilbert

Gilbert

that would be great thanks

Chris

Here is the snap today of the house in Brightfield Road, Lee, SE London, where your man Cobb lived. This is about 100 metres from my own home: all the houses are late Victorian. Hope this is of interest,

Cheers

Gilbert

post-7526-1160949541.jpg

Gilbert

great stuff - thanks very much

Chris

• 4 years later...
  • 5 years later...
Guest Andrew63

Are all souls listed here, buried in St. Edmunds church yard, now represented on the memorial?  I saw that names were added for Southwold civilians were added but were the others?