Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

AOL Email Accounts

Paul Reed

For the last month or so I have been experiencing major problems in emailing people with an AOL email account. Mostly they just don't get through or get sent back - it appears that since their new 'spam filter' most incoming emails get automatically deleted; unless they are from another AOL account. It is not just me, as I have several email accounts, and none of them can penetrate AOLs defences!

Friends who have AOL accounts have been experiencing a drop in email - oblivious to email that is intended for them which is not getting through.

Any ideas of how to get round this problem?

Guest Jeff Floyd

As one with an AOL account, I'm curently trying to figure out why some get through and others don't.

I have certain ISPs that almost never get through (Hotmail.com, for example), but anybody with a Nigerian scam letter seems to go to the head of the list.

I have set filters for addresses, but none for key words or content, so I'm still in the dark.

I'm AOL and am not aware that there's a problem, even though I've recently upgraded to version 8.0. My usual contacts seem to be getting through (although I suppose I don't know about the ones that aren't and who can't contact me in any other way)

John

I am AOL and have not experienced any problems. Howver on a previous occasion I experienced problems when e-mails which contained no wording in the title box were automatically blocked.

Dave

AOL, according to my ISP, have a new filter system and it is blocking other ISPs as it 'thinks' they are allowing SPAM even when they are not doing so. My ISP says they don't allow SPAM but AOL blocked them because of a temporary issue they have now sorted out but AOL are slow to update their restrictions. I can't get through to anyone with an AOL address which is a real difficulty in some cases. AOL subscribers may have more influence!

I'm having the same problems as Patrick. I have had numerous emails bounced with the message that my ISP (Freeserve) allows spamming and therefore my mails have been blocked. :angry:

Andy

Glad to see I am not the only one having problems - I have tried emailing AOL, but no joy. It is quite frustraiting when people email you for information, and you send them material back - and they never get it.

Aargh!! :angry:

I have AOL 8.0 and 7.0 available to me, and use V 7.0 because 8.0 caused me all sorts of problems. Interestingly, not the e-mail one described above. V 8.0 is far rom debuggd as far as my PC is concerned.