Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

THE LONG LONG TRAIL

j.r.f

PALS ESPECIALLY NEW PALS.

I joined this site as a PAL on tuesday 13 May 3003 at 1918 and 3 seconds,a bit padantic perhaps but this shoes how precise this site is.I have spent most of the past nine monts or so perusing the forum,mostly asking daft questions.I have however only ever been treated with rewspect by all the pals.Gradually I am begining to learn about ww1.led by the corporaye pals.I now feel that some of them,you,are my friends.This I donot say lightly.Last week,or maybe the week before I joined the P.R.O. which I must now call The National Archive.There I met CONOR.It was not without a little pride that IU introduced myself to him.In the end we did not talk long as we were both there for research.But I will always remember him.

When I started it was with the rank of private and now I am a very new sub luietenent.Of this I am very proud.Though the only reason for it is that I have asked so many daft questions.I have reciently started to look at the rest of the web site,not just the forum,and do youknow what most of the answers to my questions are THERE.

To the old pals,if you will excuse the expresion,I sat a deap and profound THANKYOU ESPECIALLY CHRIS and to the new pals I say take amnd make use of all this site it is a real gold mine.NOT JUST THE INFORMATION BUT MUCH MORE THE PEOPLE WHO COME AND LIVE ALL OVER THIS WORLD.

I DO GO ON BUT i MEAN IT.

cheers

john :D

John,

As one of your "virtual" Pals from the other side of the planet, I share the same sentiments and look forward one day to meeting you and other "virtual" Pals.

Peter ;)

I totally agree with your sentiments. I have been amazed at the generosity of the Pals in digging out bits of information, supplying photos, war diary extracts, and so on. This is certainly the best forum of its type on the web.

Cheers John,

you have expressed my feelings better than I could have.

I want to share your sentiments. The people on this site impress me.

Best regards, John G.