Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Great War Study Day, NAM, 8 Nov 03

Staffsyeoman

Even though I'm in the Society of Friends of the National Army Museum, I only found out about this TODAY at the SOFNAM AGM... Booked pronto. £18 for the day, £5.50 for lunch. The Museum website singularly uninformative 'this study day examines less well known areas of WW1... such as the Royal Flying Corps' (Pardon!!??)

Two days of events and historical interpreters. Looks good, but I'm biased.

Anyone else going?

Would have liked to, but only found out about it on Tuesday, and too late for me to get time off from tours to go. Let us know what it was like.

Just realised my post was ambiguous - the study day is Saturday only, and there is a (separate) programme of interpretive events on both days, but it's the same programme twice, not two distinct programmes. A pity, in that doing the Study Day excludes you from the programme, and I can't return on Sunday (on duty at Boy David..)

But I will report back as and when.

My apologies all; didn't actually go as I was mugged on Friday night (well, that's what the hospital say the police told them, as I don't remember anything of it) and spent most of today in hospital.

I won't be on parade tomorrow as a result; first Remembrance I've missed since 1992 (when I was in America).

Guest A Mafia Man

Heres wishing you a speedy recovery from your traumatic experiences. I also hope that the b+**S*--d who did this to you will get their come'uppance in the very near future !!

This type of news makes me so annoyed !! :angry::angry:

I wish you well,

Joe

Best wishes Phil,

Get well soon, as they say.

Roy

Just like to thank you all for your kind wishes - and Paul, for your most kind & thoughtful gesture, that made me feel connected (I really did miss being involved this year). I've been laid up away from home and keyboard for the last few days under observation from the light of my life (bless her!). Back briefly now; should be travelling abroad on business on Saturday, but that's a doctor's decision tomorrow.

But I have been genuinely overwhelmed but the kind thoughts and wishes received, and truly thank you for them.

Phil - no worries, a pleasure. I put a cross down for you on a MGC grave at Tyne Cot on the afternoon of 11th November. It was bright and sunny, but cold, with fantastic views across the old Salient...