Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Help with MIC Please

Guest Surreal

Hello,

I'm new to this forum as was hoping someone could help me understand the discharge reason on the attached MIC. It's not the usual Para 392, so I'm stuck!

Amy help would be most appreciated.

Many thanks,

Darren

post-15271-1159291608.jpg

I think the "S" at the bottom stands for sickness.

Mark

Hello,

I'm new to this forum as was hoping someone could help me understand the discharge reason on the attached MIC. It's not the usual Para 392, so I'm stuck!

Amy help would be most appreciated.

Many thanks,

Darren

The Silver War Badgel roll, held at Kew, may have more details. Does his other card show his battalion? If not that will be on the medal roll for the star (date of entry might give it away). It's a bonus to get which company of the Labour Corps he was in.

The Silver War Badgel roll, held at Kew, may have more details. Does his other card show his battalion? If not that will be on the medal roll for the star (date of entry might give it away). It's a bonus to get which company of the Labour Corps he was in.

Hi,

He was in the 2nd Battalion Yorks and Lancs. Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Darren

Darren,

I think what you were after was the statement in the Cause of Discharge box? This is shorthand for

"Paragraph of Army Order 265 of 1917 under which entitled: ( a )( i )."

Unfortunately I have not got any Army Orders so do not know what each of these mean. I'm sure someone on this Forum does though.

Regards

Steve