Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

HELP NEEDED - NOW IN DESPERATION

Saints & Sinners

I've been attemping to find an MIC for the following:

17562 PTE F GIBBONS KOSB

I've tried various spelling, just the Regt No but all to no avail. There is an F Gibbons KOSB on the CWGC but a different No. I don't want to give in on this one so I need the help of other Forum members (new pairs of eyes and all that) to help me find this chap. Thanks Bob

SAME ON SDGW, F GIBBONS KOSB 31691

only thinking what someone else said, could have been a pre war number and was renumbered for some reason.

assuming he was killed or died that is as you refer to cwgc !!

MiCs::There is a Francis Gibbons KOSB,Royal Defence Corps[90697] & Staffs Rgt,where the number 24167 is given for both KOSB & Staffs Regt;which could be an error in transcription,it might be worth a download to see if 17562 appears on the card?

PS: he died 1919 & is buried St Joseph's {RC}Cemetery,Moston,Lancs,recorded as F Gibbons LC.90697 on CWGC site.

Aaah! help at last. I have his BWM so i think there should be a MIC, my next step is to download both MIC's the Findlay & the Francis and see how I get on. Thanks to all & will advise of my progress.

Well it is'nt the KOSB/RDC & N Staffs (but it could be?) on the MIC the Regtl No for both the KOSB & N Staffs are the same...Is that usual on transfer

It is unusual to say the least for two different Regiments to issue the same number,which is why I considered it could be an error,either on the transcription of the MiC by the NA or possibly even originally by the AMO;the next step would logically be the Medal roll pages for these men,hopefully the correct Number would be on the Roll [the 17562 number had no KOSB men listed & no Gibbons~ but how many Gibbons served in the KOSB~no rude answers there chaps & chapesses!]

keep digging!!