Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

For model figure fans

roger

Roger,

Beautiful piece of work and no doubt a Seaforth Highlander. Now was the large white tape 'C' only ever seen in 1916??

Graham.

Thank you Graham would you like to name the battalion? Your doing ok so far.

You may also be interested to know a lot of the artists materials used in the creation of this bust were bought at the Art Shop Darlington :D .

Roger.

O.K. Roger here goes - 2nd Bn, Seaforth Highlanders, 10th Brigade/4th Division, 1st July 1916!!!

Graham.

And the winner, from just up the A1 is......... Spot on Graham ! I'm glad I never offered a prize your just a little too close you might have claimed it :D

Roger.

Roger

Once again a lovely piece of work.

You have talent.

Glyn

Why is it I never win b*gger-all? :( .

Still it's a lovely piece of work and nice to see. Are you one of the "Sword & Lance" lads that hold annual exhibitions of their modelling work in Darlo? Been to one or two of them in the past and there are some real talented people among them. One of my old mate's is Bob Marrion, you may be familiar with his art work in the Military Modeller. Visited him many years ago now and what a superb photographic collection he had of probably every regiment in the British Army. Any chance of you doing a Northumberland Fusilier or a Durham in the near future?

Graham.

Graham,

Although not a member of the Darlington modelling club I have been to the show in the Arts Centre a couple of times. In fact, because of my job, this years was the first one I have been at home for in years.

I haven't entered any of my figures into the competition as yet but you never know maybe next time.

I am familiar with Bob Marrions art and your right through Mil mod magazine. He does beautiful illustrations.

I have thought about a Northumberland Fusilier or DLI figure from 50th Div. with large battle patches which were quite unique I think. My other thought was 12/13 Northumberland Fusiliers 21st Div with red helmet band and red V on the back of tunic. I don't know about near future though I have so many projects on the go and I fancy a bit of a break from khaki, perhaps a Belgian Guide c. 1914 for a change.

Roger

Once again an excellent figure Roger.

Bill

Is the bust a kit that is available to buy. If so where from?

I would not mind having a crack at painting one of them myself. However, It will not be as good as your magnificient paintwork.

Regards

Terry

Cheers Terry. The bust was sculpted by a chap called David Ridley, an ex RN submariner who now lives in Oz.

It costs somewhere around the £20 mark.

Roger