Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Type of Misconduct?

LtColSki USMC0302

Hello,

Looking for an assist on deciphering an MIC entry. The remark in question is as follows: "Rank Pte. Reverted for misconduct. Sec X @ 5A"

The soldier in question started the war as a Corporal but was busted and transfered from the cavalry to an infantry unit, with the transfer effective 24 September 1917. Anyone know what the Sec X @ 5A refers to?

Thanks,

~Dan

Hi Dan

I am not sure what X @ 5A refers to but would think it was for fighting or some other trifle offence. I would like to know for sure what X @ 5A refers to.

Annette

Hi Dan,

Not sure, but Section 10 of the Army Act is Insubordination and @ 5A could be the Theatre of War which is, East Africa, Nyasaland and Northern Rhodesia.

Regards Charles

Dan,

I would have to agree with Charles.

My GU was reduced in rank from CSM to CPL for misconduct but his MIC just states ' Reduced for misconduct auth end 10 A X'.

Perhaps the 5A is a subsection.

Regards,

Simon

Thanks to all who answered. Good info on Section X being Insubordination. I suspect that the idea of 5A being a sub-section is spot-on. I'd love it, if it was the theater of war, but I can't find a unit connection that makes that plausible. Would anyone happen to have a copy of the Army Act, or know where I could view it?

Cheers,

~Dan