Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

operations in Galicia

Guest Łukasz

We are looking for informations and maps (or battleplans) about operations in Galicia (on the east of Kraków [Cracow] and west of Tarnów) in winter 1914 (especially battles around Raba River boundary) and spring 1915 (especially battles around Dunajec River boundary). me.

Hello Lukasz, You might find some of what you seek by visiting my website http://warchron.com and using Chronology Index go to the time periods involved. Please also see the Map Section, some of which may be pertinent to your studies. You can also register and particpate in the Forum. Kind regards, agblume

We are looking for informations and maps (or battleplans) about operations in Galicia (on the east of Kraków [Cracow] and west of Tarnów) in winter 1914 (especially battles around Raba River boundary) and spring 1915 (especially battles around Dunajec River boundary). me.

There is a good Russian-language library at www.grwar.ru/library/index.html

There are some book in Russian about the campaigns you are interested in. It is worth a look. At www.militera.lib.ru there are also some books (of course from the Russian perspective) - Kersnovskyi's "History of the Russian army", Brussliov's "My memoirs" and so on.

Actually the guy who comanded the Russian 3rd Army in all these battles was not a Russian, but a countryman of mine - Bulgarian (gen of infantry Radko Dimitriev).

Best regards

Nikolay