Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

TV coverage of whole 1914-1918 series

Guest Pete Wood

Guest Pete Wood

The UK History Channel (Sky and Cable channel in UK) is to show the complete series of the 1914-1918 programmes, back to back on the 9th November from 7am.

The show will then go 'live' to the Cenotaph at just before 11am.

The VC programme is actually on BBC2; I thought it was going to be a series from the advance press blurb, but it seems to be a one-off, focussed on Major Cain of the South Staffs - or Jeremy Clarkson's (the presenter) father in law.

If you've a Freeview box, agreed, UK History is a rich seam this week; loads of classic 'Timewatch' programmes on the WW1 period.

The VC programme is actually on BBC2; I thought it was going to be a series from the advance press blurb, but it seems to be a one-off, focussed on Major Cain of the South Staffs - or Jeremy Clarkson's (the presenter) father in law.

If you've a Freeview box, agreed, UK History is a rich seam this week; loads of classic 'Timewatch' programmes on the WW1 period.

Thanks for correcting me, I was just browsing the tv guide Sunday morning, so I wasn't really taking it all in!!!

But, I wouldn't have been too happy sitting in front of my tv tomorrow with ch4 on thinking where the hell is the programme about the VC!!!!

Also, the 1914-1918 series is shown throughout the week on UK History

UK History also showed the whole of Richard Holmes' 'Western Front' back to back yesterday.

NB His book 'Redcoat' on the Napoleonic period British Army is part of a trilogy - next volume is called 'Tommy' and is on the British Army 1914-1918. Hooray!

Simon F