The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

MAN Vehicles

HERITAGE PLUS

At the end of the month I will be in Munich on business. I have been invited by my hosts the MAN truck manufacturing company to visit thier museum on one of the evenings after work.

From 1908-1920 the company was known as M.A.N. Maschinenfabrik Augsburg-Nürnberg AG, Augsburg.

I will be taking a camera and will photograph any vehicles/equipment with WW1 connections should they have any on show and post on the forum later.

Dave

Fantastic aircraft musem near the airport ... or at least so I believe, never having made it there myself other than driving past in a taxi. Those damn Oktoberfests always ruin best laid plans.

At the end of the month I will be in Munich on business. I have been invited by my hosts the MAN truck manufacturing company to visit thier museum on one of the evenings after work.

From 1908-1920 the company was known as M.A.N. Maschinenfabrik Augsburg-Nürnberg AG, Augsburg.

I will be taking a camera and will photograph any vehicles/equipment with WW1 connections should they have any on show and post on the forum later.

Dave

:blink: The MAN museum is still where it belongs to : in Augsburg! (so don't look for it in Munich)

Er, the MAN company was still known Maschinenfabrik Augsburg-Nürnberg AG as of this morning

Fantastic aircraft musem near the airport ... or at least so I believe, never having made it there myself other than driving past in a taxi. Those damn Oktoberfests always ruin best laid plans.

:blink: Augsburg airport, Munich airport -there is no museum on premises. Do you mean Oberschleissheim? Where the Bavarian Air Force had an important base during 1914-18, with aircraft museum nowadays and a great guesthouse within the chateau compounds where von Richthoven used to have his beer?

Augsburg airport, Munich airport -there is no museum on premises. Do you mean Oberschleissheim? Where the Bavarian Air Force had an important base during 1914-18, with aircraft museum nowadays and a great guesthouse within the chateau compounds where von Richthoven used to have his beer?

Taking a taxi back to the airport from the centre of Munich and quite close to the airport is a grassed area with, I think, an old Heinkel or Junkers airplane from the 1930s. I was told this was part of the air museum? Ive been back twice with the solid intention of visiting this museum but never made it - which means it could be a figment of my imagination?

That's the Deutsches Museum in Munich I think? I've not visited myself, just the BMW Museum...

Regards,

Neil.

The MAN museum is still where it belongs to : in Augsburg! (so don't look for it in Munich)

I am aware that the museum is not in Munich - but my hosts at the MAN Munich premises are and no doubt they will take me to the right place. :lol: