Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

POW Evacuations 1918

Mark JP

In researching my Great Uncles diary then he states he left Copenhagen on December 31st 1918 on HMS Porto bound for Leith after being released from an unknown camp or hospital (he had a severe leg wound that he always thanked the German doctors for operating on and saving his leg).

I have done much searching and cannot see an HMS Porto, and there are many possibilities as to another ship being called Porto but does anyone know which ship it would actually have been and its history please?

Thanks

Mark

• 8 months later...
In researching my Great Uncles diary then he states he left Copenhagen on December 31st 1918 on HMS Porto bound for Leith after being released from an unknown camp or hospital (he had a severe leg wound that he always thanked the German doctors for operating on and saving his leg).

I have done much searching and cannot see an HMS Porto, and there are many possibilities as to another ship being called Porto but does anyone know which ship it would actually have been and its history please?

Thanks

Mark

Hi Mark

After the end of WW1 my grandfather was also repatriated via SS Porto (to Hull) - did you ever find any information on the SS Porto?

Kind regards

Nick