Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Le Poppy, La Boisselle

angelab

I have been past Le Poppy restaurant, near the Lochnagar crater, several times in the last year, and although some friends recommended it as a place to eat I have to say that I have *never* seen it open!

Does it have very limited opening times, or has it closed down?

Angela

I go there regularly at lunch time when I am in the area. It gets very busy very early!

It does open in the evening I believe. Circa 1900hrs??

The last three times I have called there at lunch time its been closed

Patrick

was open during the trip for 1st july, havent heard that it is closing, local eat there too, but maybe they are having a holiday?

Mandy

You are right Mandy,Le Poppy closes each August.Normally open weekdays midday and evenings.Midday very busy with workers from Albert,evenings opens as burlington says 19.00ish and its best to book on a Friday.Good value for money,4 courses,coffee plus half carafe of wine for 13euros.A pleasant family run it.

Les, Renee,

thanks for the info, you are right the food there is very good, and even though the family that own it dont speak English there is usually some one who can translate for you.

Mandy

It is closed every Saturday and Sunday and almost all of August and any other time that they like! but if you catch it open its good value.

Paul