Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Model Lancs Fusilier

roger

Here are some photo's of a 7/Lancs Fusilier 42nd Division painted for a friend, hope you like it.

Roger

post-261-1155728295.jpg

post-261-1155728323.jpg

Roger,

nice model and well painted - is it about 75 -80mm or smaller?

Superb! :P

Cheers fella's, it's 80mm white metal photographed against a pic in "The Somme, The Day to Day Account" a book well known to most here :D

Roger.

Roger

Brilliant - as always :D

Glyn

Cor blimey. Excuse my ignorance - did you paint it? It is one of those small lead figures or a plastic kit? That is a brilliant bit of work. I would love something like that.

Thank you Glyn, I wish I could've kept it in my collection.

Roger.

Cor blimey. Excuse my ignorance - did you paint it? It is one of those small lead figures or a plastic kit? That is a brilliant bit of work. I would love something like that.

Max, yes I painted it. It is a metal kit approx 80mm high and thank you for the compliment.

Roger.

Roger, Who's the manufacturer?

Good paint job.

Have done any modelling for years now.

Maybe when the kids have grown up.....

Spend too much time on these Forum thingys to pick up a paintbrush.

Thanks Owen The sculpter is Steve Warrilow and his company The fusilier can be found Here

Be careful though, you'll be hooked and next you'll be buying paint, brushes and glue :D

Roger

Very good work, well done.

Arm

Thanks Arm. I've actually got plans to paint a figure to represent a soldier of the 21st Div. A couple of men from this area commemorated on local memorials served with the Northumberland Fusiliers and Yorkshire Regiment with them.

I haven't got past the thinking about it yet and other projects need finishing first.

Roger.

Roger,

Is the figure painted with oils or another medium. I used to paint figures but haven't these last 20 years. A very well presented model whichever.

M

Matthew, the figure is painted with acrylics.

Thanks for the comment,

Roger.

Thanks for the comment Landsturm. I haven't done any dios although I have thought about it but thats as far as it's got. Maybe one day when I see the right figures etc.

Roger.

Roger,

Why did you have to post that link!

Sigh,

It's only money. Come here Mr. Northants soldier and Decoy....

Steve.

Money well spent Steve I have a whole range of reasons/excuses for spending money on miniatures.

Oh and I've done that one.

Roger.

Roger,

Fantastic mate, excellent background as well.

Bill

Just seen this Roger, it is your best so far, I love the detail of the background and the way the soldier looks against it- how did you decide what looked best with the model ?....

• 3 weeks later...

My goodness, Roger, you do get around.

Having seen this figure elsewhere as well as others Roger has painted, I just want to say he's very, very talented...for a sailor. :)

For those of you with an interest in WWI model figures, et. al., you might also want to check out Jon Smith Modellbau. Jon is a Brit living in Germany and a marvelously talented sculptor. http://www.jonsmith-modellbau.com/

OR

The Model Cellar...http://modelcellar.com/

OR

D.J. Parkins...http://www.djparkins.clara.net/fline/flmaster.htm

AND

if you go completely off the deep end and want to get totally hooked on the highly addictive [...think morphine, heroin, crack, XTC COMBINED!] hobby of figure making and painting...http://planetfigure.com/ There are several regular contributors to PF who are Great War nutz.

Remember - you were warned...

:rolleyes:

All the best,

Dan