Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Sir Douglas Haig's GREAT PUSH

montbrehain

post-13272-1155647939.jpgAbout 10 years ago, a friend of mine worked on the local rubbish disposal point. one day he came to my place and gave me a book saying "I know your into this stuff". the Book he gave me is titled "Sir Douglas Haig's Great Push" the battle of the Somme. Its undated but to my mind its the book of the film "Battle of the Somme" It has 392 pages and over 700 photos. Its bound in red linen and leather. Other then that theres not much more info.To my mind it was published in 1916 or 17? I attach the opening page. Does anybody know of this book or has anybody ever seen it before? any information would be gratefully recieved. P.S sorry its upside down but every time i try to turn it round, it pushes the memory over 100kb.

This might be a little easier to read - I was becoming dizzy :lol:

post-859-1155664626.jpg

This might be a little easier to read - I was becoming dizzy :lol:

At first I thought the poster was from Oz. :lol:

Not wishing to sound patronizing posters should realy have a look at image sizes (real anf data) and get a grip on scanning procedures, iamge manipulation (resizing) and file formats including compression.

Interesting post though.

I also have a copy of this book,I have always believed it was published in 1917 and it does use mostly stills from the official film of the Somme ,incidently,it was reprinted by Naval and Military press a couple of years ago,their website may contain more info on the book(sorry I'am unable to post a link)

Stuart

thanks for turning it up the right way for me melpack, and thanks for the info Stu, Ill see if i can find any thing on the reprint version, cheers