Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

trenches at the nek

Guest gumbirsingpun

Guest gumbirsingpun

dear friends,

here are a few pics of those trenches at the nek, all these pictures have been taken today,tis verra easy to see in the pics that how those diggers have cut a swath through some parts of the trenches.

regards

tuna

Tuna,

What work is going on around The Nek? Is it more roadworks along the ridgeline?

I certainly hope not!! :angry: And if it is, I'm sure it's being done with the same care and attention that was given to the works around the cove - NOT!

Please fill us in some more - perhaps this thread should be under "Battlefields in Danger"

Tim L.

Guest gumbirsingpun

hi tim

you right in saying that this thread should have been under "battlefields in danger",sorry for that

this is something to do with a few diggers who have been diging up the trenches around for the last few days :angry: ,

regards

tuna

Tuna,

Do you mean diggers as in 'earthmoving equipment' or 'men with shovels'.

Is it authorised digging with a specific purpose or someone illegally digging for some other reason?

Tim L.

Guest gumbirsingpun

tim

thats exactly what i mean,

you are by no means allowed to do something like digging on the gallipoli peninsula--unless it be a sepecific purpose, but seems to me that the people i have seen today have been doing this under the rose, as those people were in the same area last week

regards

tuna