Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Maxim 08 colour?

Guest myron

I have recently acquired a 1917 Spandau Maxim 08. It is in very good shape and will make a very nice display in my history classroom (it is completely DEACTIVATED as per Cdn law). Many years ago someone painted the water jacket with silver paint. I want the carefully remove the existing paint and get it professionaly repainted.

I have not been able to find a colour picture of a Maxim 08 to match colour. Does anyone know what colur the Germans painted the Maxim?

thanks.

ps. Where can a get informative posters for the Maxim 08?

Another source worth investing in is:

Bruce's book 'Machine Guns of World War 1' (ISBN 1859150780).

Silver was definitely not an option :) . Good luck with the restortation. The added value of the above book is that it has superb colour photographs and descriptions of live firings.

Robert

Thanks,

I have seen this site before, but the pics are not the most ideal to give to my 'painter'.

None-the-less - a great site.

A few months ago I found some great cut-away style posters of the 08. they came in a set of five and now I am unable to relocate them.

Indian River graphics have some, but I found some other posters that were very informative. Have you seen any or do you know of a any good sites?

This website might prove helpful.

The Maxim Machine Gun in World War I

Cheers,

Tim

I will seek out this book - thanks.

myron

Another source worth investing in is:

Bruce's book 'Machine Guns of World War 1' (ISBN 1859150780).

Silver was definitely not an option :) . Good luck with the restortation. The added value of the above book is that it has superb colour photographs and descriptions of live firings.

Robert