Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Snaffles

BatterySergeantMajor

Whilst being in Scotland, I ordered a reprint of Snaffles (Charlie Johnson Payne) ("Heilan laddie").

Now I am trying to figure out were reprints of Snaffles can be ordered on the Internet or elsewere. I am looking for the military prints ("Jock" for example), not for his hunting prints.

Thanks

Erwin

• 5 months later...

Whilst being in Scotland, I ordered a reprint of Snaffles (Charlie Johnson Payne) ("Heilan laddie").

Now I am trying to figure out were reprints of Snaffles can be ordered on the Internet or elsewere. I am looking for the military prints ("Jock" for example), not for his hunting prints.

Erwin,

Not sure if anyone responded to your posting. If not, you can go to berkeleystudio.com to buy there. David Cohen Fine Art (DCFA) also sells military Snaffles prints. Keep in mind these prints are NOT cheap. I am not a dealer but I do have some available out of my own collection. My wife told me to trim them down - too many in the house. I've kept Wipers, The Canadian, and Vimy but have Jock, Heilan Lad, and The Bonnie Blue Bonnets. PM if you would like more detail.

Cheers,

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

Just googled Snaffles.

Thankyou for posting this so that I have learnt about Snaffles.

Wonderful.

I especially like Tally Ho Back and the Guns.

His drawings at the edge of the page are great.

Ta

Kim