Help wanted

nicko576

[attachmentid=41505 Attatched is my great uncles medal card, i

would love to know anything i can about his

service record, ie, what battery etc

many thanks

nick cross

post-10762-1153945262.jpg

SWB/1802 this refers to a claim for the Silver War Badge,which was granted on application to those discharged deemed no longer fit for Military Service{due to Wounds,Sickness,Gas,Age inability,etc}though not available on line if you can obtain a copy of this SWB Roll page it should give you some very useful information,concerning date of enlistment,date of discharge & cause{KR's 392/****}Unit discharged from{sometimes but not always a Battery is given,& not always the one he originally served with,often a Reserve Battery,age,etc;They are @ the NA

SWB/1802 this refers to a claim for the Silver War Badge,which was granted on application to those discharged deemed no longer fit for Military Service{due to Wounds,Sickness,Gas,Age inability,etc}though not available on line if you can obtain a copy of this SWB Roll page it should give you some very useful information,concerning date of enlistment,date of discharge & cause{KR's 392/****}Unit discharged from{sometimes but not always a Battery is given,& not always the one he originally served with,often a Reserve Battery,age,etc;They are @ the NA

Thank you so much

i have photos of him at a military hospital, wearing some kind of calipers, this would explain the silver war badge

nick