Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

What is a MGWAT ?

Terry Carter

Took me a while to work it out too!

i think it stands for Members (or Monthly?) Great War Art Thread.

I'm probably totally off the mark there, however!!! :lol:

dave

Monthly Great War Art Thread. A little competition.

Marina

Hi

Sorry, must of missed the original post...but:

When did it start?

When does it end?

What are the objectives?

Whats the prize?...... :lol:

Very good idea and some excellent pieces of work.

Cheers

Marc.

There is a set subject for te contributors to work on every month - so the current one is the July topic 'Then And Now'. Everyone must submit their work by the end of the month and then forum members vote for their favourite. The only prize is the honour and the glory! And ten a new topic will be set for August. Entries can be sketches or models or poems or stories. There are even a couple of photographic entries this month. Some wonderful submissions have been made.

Marina

There is a set subject for te contributors to work on every month - so the current one is the July topic 'Then And Now'. Everyone must submit their work by the end of the month and then forum members vote for their favourite. The only prize is the honour and the glory! And ten a new topic will be set for August. Entries can be sketches or models or poems or stories. There are even a couple of photographic entries this month. Some wonderful submissions have been made.

Marina

Hi

Excellent idea, will be paying more attention to this one in future.

Just out of interest, I found a poem in one of the cemeteries, this chap wrote it as a tribute to his Grandfather, but that is all I know. Can I submit this poem on his behalf, or is it against the rules?

Nice poem though....

Cheers

Marc.

I think it supposed to be your own original work, or it has been so far.

There is a thread for War Poetry as well, take a look, it has some wonderful poetry in it.

Cheers

Kim

Hi

Excellent idea, will be paying more attention to this one in future.

Just out of interest, I found a poem in one of the cemeteries, this chap wrote it as a tribute to his Grandfather, but that is all I know. Can I submit this poem on his behalf, or is it against the rules?

Nice poem though....

Cheers

Marc.

Please post it in War Poetry hrea - over in classics.

Marina

Ypresman, the idea is for the contributions to be the persons own work. They started as drawings and expanded to other art forms as some of us discovered we couldn't draw. Recently we have expanded to some very well taken photographs also, but the underlying thing has been the work should be the posters own efforts.

If perhaps a member knew someone personally they could name who had an entry they wanted to post for them, then we could vote on that, but a poem like you describe really would be better in the Classic Threads Poetry section.

Is it not Monthly Great War Art Topic ???? :unsure:

We started back in summer 2005... I believe you can still find the first threat in Chit-Chat (where it didn't belong) :)