Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

camp site near ypres ?

noe

Me and my girlfriend are hopefully going to Menin gate in the 10/11 nov (hopefuly see some of you there) Problem is we have no where to stay, any sujestions ? I was told there is a camp site near by, does any one know ? if so, does any one have a contact number of the site etc.

Cheers

Noe

There are at least two sites.

Camping Douve is at Westouter.

Camping Ypra is at Kemmel.

Or you could try a B&B (maybe Pop will be easier than Ieper at this date...). Here is a list. I stayed at 't Brouwershuis at Watou a few years ago when I made a very late booking for 11 November. It was really excellent. And it's next door to a brewery!

Mark, I would take Chris's advice and check out Pop for B&B's. November could be a bit cold for camping! I doubt you could find anywhere to stay in Ypres at such short notice, esp around the 11th.

Terry

Thank you chris, a great list here of places to choose from. Sorry if I'm being naive but what is pop and Ieper ?

Mark, I'll tell you tomorrow at work! :D

Terry

There's also a very good camp site at the "Jeugdstadion" (excuse the spelling) actually at Ypres itself. It can be found on the road immediately beyond the moat between the Lille and Menin Gates (though vehicle access is on the road just south of the Menin Road (turn left at the petrol station when approaching Ypres and look for a side road to the right just beyond the Aldi supermarket - it's signposted.)

I think this might still be open for the week surrounding the 11th, but I'd check first.

Dave.

Just remembered. Camping Ypra, at Kemmel, is where I was staying during the 1988 11th November commemorations. It's changed hands since then, but it always used to be open for this time of year.

Dave.