Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

L48 the Theberton Zeppelin

Julian Evan-Hart

I have just finished a report on the excavation of L48 at Theberton and a preliminary metal detection search of Oakmere park. The combined reports are quite lengthy but not technical. If anyone "Dirigibl;e Buffs" out there would like a copy please Email me and I will forward a copy. Regarding Theberton I think this was perhaps the very first extensive archaeological excavation of a Zepp ever undertaken. Overall over 300 fragments were unearthed including two German Imperial Naval Officers buttons both showing signs of being burned.

• 1 month later...
Guest Baltic Tom

Hello Luftschiffe 1,

I am very interested in L/48 as I own KorvettenKapitäne Victor Schültze`s 2 Imp.Nav.Sword`s. I did know untill now that he was a unfortunate 'Ride along"on that fatal night. His sword`s are very Fine W.K.C.' mfg. Damask'

Bladed peices. His first is a smaller size early peice. 2nd. is his very impressive 'Grosser"size Damask'

Sword.

I will learn how to post photo`s on this fine Forum.

Thank you for reading,

Baltic Tom

Hi, wellcome to the forum, I for one would be fascinated to have a look at your report if possible, Im not a Zep man but am interested in Archeology per se and obviously WWI issues. I heard that time team were doing a Zep dig as well have you heard about this ?

gareth