Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Henry Allingham, another day out

FAAAEd

I was pleased to see Henry arrive at an Admiral's garden party this afternoon and looking as if he was having a great day.

Vice Admiral Adrian Johns, Second Sea Lord and C-in-C Naval Home Command hosted the second of two such parties earlier today.

I managed a couple of pic's one a candid as he arrived and another after a performance by a Royal Marine Band including Sunset, Hearts of Oak and the national anthem and whilst Henry was talking with Admiral Johns.

post-9530-1152910241.jpg

post-9530-1152910268.jpg

Guest KevinEndon

110 years old, he looks in better shape than some of the 20 year olds walking our streets today. Good old Sir Henry Allingham but why he is sitting next to Keith Chegwin I will never know.

110 years old, he looks in better shape than some of the 20 year olds walking our streets today. Good old Sir Henry Allingham but why he is sitting next to Keith Chegwin I will never know.

Sorry, Admiral Johns looks nothing like Keith Chegwin. Besides he is a very hands on and admirable leader with more than a little charisma and empathy.

I would think that he had other things on his mind at the time the pic' was taken judging by today's news reports:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/5184018.stm

Tell you what boys he is looking a lot older than he did when i looked after him a few months back and a lot tireder (if that is a word).

Keep well Henry.

Mandy

Tell you what boys he is looking a lot older than he did when i looked after him a few months back and a lot tireder (if that is a word).

Keep well Henry.

Mandy

This is not surprising, Henry being more tired, considering the itinery that he has been following of late. What I can say is that he appeared to be in fine form on Friday.

I hope that he is currently enjoying a well deserved rest.