Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Online MIC search return problem

ororkep

Recently within the last two weeks I have been having problems with the online MIC search engine. When typing in the search fields on the initial search page, after pressing search and displaying the results, it is then impossible for me to get back to the initial search page in order to change any of the search parameters. I have since realised there is a work around using the green go back history drop down menu in Internet Explorer, but as this involves a couple more mouse clicks it is most inconvenient. I know this has happened to one other forum member about the same time, he had to retype in the information every time, but why and does anyone else have this problem.

thanks in anticipation

Paul

I'd noticed this too. It reverts back to the little clock timer rather than back to the original search screen. A bit annoying but a double-click as suggested by Gareth does the trick.

I've been having a few problems online lately, including the one mentioned above. The other, and more frustrating, is when I try and order documents online from the NA, I keep getting an error message that I have already tried to purchase the said items but it has been cancelled. I'm running AOL on a dial-up, and I think it has something to do with my cookies. I just can't figure out why it's only recently started happening as it never gave me any bother before. I also now get really annoying security warnings anytime I have to log into a website, which often requires four or five clicks to get it to close.

Computers! Great when they work....bloody awful when they don't!

Same here with the BACK thing. Most annoying!

If it ain't broke....

Steve.

There seem to be some loops that the National Archives sytem just dumps you in, especially at the archives themselves. They seem to be alergic to you going 'back'!

Thanks all. Amazed this little problem is still at the top after two days. The double click fix works a treat, still do not know why, how or when it changed from a single click but as Stebie suggested, ‘if it ain,t broke’.