Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

New discussion Group

Paul Hederer

Hello,

With Chris' kind persmission I'm posting the website for a new discussion group I've started focused on the Eastern Front, Balkans and Gallipoli.

If you care to join please navigate to:

Great War in the East Group

Membership is controlled.

Best Regards,

Paul

Paul,

Good luck with this new venture. Will your 'Eastern' front include Northern Russia in 1918-19 ? I have interests in that campaign, and in Gallipoli, and hope to be able to learn more and contribute occasionally.

What does 'Membership is controlled' mean? I am too old and unfit to jump through hoops!

Incidentally, I've now received my copy of 'Imperial Germany', acquired on your recommendation, and it's next up on my reading list (currently reading John Lee's 'A Soldier's Life' - biog of Ian Hamilton).

Finally, I recall that you said some time ago on the 'What do we do for living' thread that you were counting days until the end of your military service. How many days to go, and will you still staying in the UK ?

best regards

Mick

Paul,

Good luck with this new venture. Will your 'Eastern' front include Northern Russia in 1918-19 ? I have interests in that campaign, and in Gallipoli, and hope to be able to learn more and contribute occasionally.

What does 'Membership is controlled' mean? I am too old and unfit to jump through hoops!

Incidentally, I've now received my copy of 'Imperial Germany', acquired on your recommendation, and it's next up on my reading list (currently reading John Lee's 'A Soldier's Life' - biog of Ian Hamilton).

Finally, I recall that you said some time ago on the 'What do we do for living' thread that you were counting days until the end of your military service. How many days to go, and will you still staying in the UK ?

best regards

Mick

Mick,

Hello! Yes, absolutely the topics you mentioned would fit. The period is 1914-1920, with pre-war discussions also welcome, if topical.

Membership controlled means simply that you have to apply, which takes about a minute and then you're added to the list, as opposed to a group that just any passer-by can join--which is not a good thing.

My retirement ceremony is actually in 2 days. I am not staying in the UK. My wife and I seriously considered staying in Cambridge, which we love, but have decided on Germany. I depart the UK the first week in August.

Paul

Paul,

Thanks for more details of your new Eastern Front discussion group. I will apply to join shortly - first of all I have to remember what my Yahoo password is :rolleyes:

Best wishes for your retirement and move to Germany.

Mick

I had the same problem Mick. I'm off to try again.

Ooh! Ooh! Me please! :D

Applied & awaiting approval or being told to clear off & not bother the group!

Hope to see you on there :D

Ooh! Ooh! Me please! :D

Applied & awaiting approval or being told to clear off & not bother the group!

Hope to see you on there :D

Rest easy--you're welcome :lol:.

Does make you wonder a bit when you get applications from people you don't know with e-mail addresses like deathslayer@comcast.net (I'm making that up).

So far the group has attracted a nice lot with a lot of knowledge, and it promises to be interesting.

Now I need to break the ice and get people talking.

Paul

I've had another go, but I'm not having much luck. I'll try again this evening. Surely my laptopdancer@bigmomma.com is no problem?

I've had another go, but I'm not having much luck. I'll try again this evening. Surely my laptopdancer@bigmomma.com is no problem?

:lol::lol:

I am trying to keep an open mind about these things ;)

Paul

Paul,

Thanks for more details of your new Eastern Front discussion group. I will apply to join shortly - first of all I have to remember what my Yahoo password is :rolleyes:

Best wishes for your retirement and move to Germany.

Mick

Mick,

Thanks. The retirement lasts about 13 days and then I'm back to work! I'll look at doing it again in about 20 years :D.

Paul

Hello Paul, I responded to your message of 17 July but it seems my reply failed to reach you. This morning the 19th I received two messages from you. I responded to them earlier this morning, but have now noticed that this was also bounced. The error message from host mail.werkost.com stated there was no mailbox "here by that name." Do I have a correct address???

Good wishes on the retirement and your forthcoming move to Germany. I hope to hear from you in the near future. Kind regards, August Blume and www.Warchron.com

Mick,

Thanks. The retirement lasts about 13 days and then I'm back to work! I'll look at doing it again in about 20 years :D.

Paul

• 4 weeks later...