Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

17 Oct 2002

michaeldr

Guest Pete Wood
Hey, well spotted guys! Happy birthday all.

Happy anniversary!! Doesn't time fly when you're having fun.

Chris, I just want to congratulate you on setting up this forum.

I have met and 'chatted' to many nice, helpful, and like-minded people through your website. For that, I also thank you.

It's a credit to your hard work and determination, how successful this forum has become in such a short time.

I'm willing to wager that in 12 months time, there will be 100,000 more posts.

What an achievement in just one year! Well done Chris - the forum has become a major feature of the WW1 Internet Community. Long may it remain.

Tom

Chris,

I would also like to pass on my congratulations and also admit that I was a bit of sceptic when you informed those of us that subscribed to you original newsletter that you were starting a forum.

However I now find that I am in truly fantastic company through your Forum and it even helped me to get to the battlefields this year and as I live in OZ I thought that would never occur.

I have also met people like Tom M, Jacky Pl, Paul R, Aurel S, Charlotte D and to be a small part of this truly great team through your Forum is a little humbling.

It also bridges the distance and time problem and makes me feel that I am there, instead of 12000 miles away.

Many Thanks, Chris for this window.

Peter ;)

Congratulations Chris!

thanks to your effort the forum has become a haven for all people having an interest in WW I. It is great to know that there is always someone out there who is willing to share information or to help out with any question.

Thanks to you to for making it possible to get to know one another (either on the occasion of the forum meeting or perhaps next year on a trip to the battlefields).

May this forum last for many more years!

Charlotte

Well done, Chris for giving us the opportunity to make new "virtual friends". Thanks also to them for the advice, help and downright fun over the last year

John

:D

Congratulations Chris on steering the Forum from strength to strength in its first year.

Carry on the good work.

PS. I saw the new naval division forming up at Tyne Cot last Monday afternoon.

Best Regards

Frank East

post-8-1066423747.jpg

Certainly baked that cake, Chris! :lol:

Seriously though, the WFA linking to this forum is a tribute to the excellent facility you have given us. Happy birthday all!!

Congratulations, Chris! The Great War Forum and The Long, Long Trail are two superb online resources, a wealth of individual expertise on almost every aspect of the First World War and a great place to chill out with others who share an interest in this utterly absorbing period in our history. Thanks to everyone from whom I've learned so much more about the Great War and Chris for making it possible.

Here's to another year!

Gary

Thanks to Chris and to Martin and Michelle for making this the forum for WFA, there was little point is a separate one. US Branch is starting one on our site against my wishes, I predict a big flop.

Chris

Congratulations on the first year. As a relative newcomer to the Pals I am amazed something so good can be but a year old. May the second year be as good as the first

If you've got a Great War question this is THE place to post it - congrats to Chris and all the contributors whose knowledge leaves me breathless!

Bernard Lewis

Yes, (echoing Dave) definately a great occasion for a group hug.

Thankyou Chris - who and where else would let me rise from humble private to Lt Colonel in the space of a year!

Thankyou fellow Pals for helping me learn so much, with so much fun on the way.

The Forum Pals - First in the Field!!