Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Loos Book Part 2

n cherry

I saw Mr Corrigan at Thiepval last Saturday and without revealing who I was for obvious reasons approached him and got chatting. I said I had a relative who fought at Loos and one or two books on the battle and an interest in the fighting. Eventually I slipped in a question as to why his Loos book had taken so long to come out? His reply to me was pressure of work initially although a bit later he slipped in a comment that it wasn't really a book he wanted to do but his agent got him the contract......

Perhaps if someone else sees him they could ask the same question.....

Even on this side of the pond I heard the same rumor.

Though, Niall I would have assumed that you and Mr Corrigan would have at least recognized each other.

Andy

Though, Niall I would have assumed that you and Mr Corrigan would have at least recognized each other.

Ah, but there's a crucial difference.

Mr Corrigan is "famous".

Niall just wrote a damn good book.

John (quickly ducking back under cover)

John,

Thanks for the kind comment no need to get behind cover. I've always tried to keep a low profile - only one photo of me in the three books I've done so far and that a long shot on page 351 of MuG. In fact one of the best pictures of me appeared on page 56 of the April 1986 issue of Pegasus the journal of the Parachute Regiment and Airborne Forces with an excellent shot of the back of my head!

Seriously it was nice to meet a few Pals and WFA members at Thiepval, even some people who saw my Leger Tours name badge and stopped me to talk about MuG.

Totally happy that Gordon Corrigan didn't recognsie me! If he knew who I was he'd probably have never spoken to me!