Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Charley's war comic

gem22

Anybody interested in these might like to look at this website:

http://www.boogaloo.co.uk/

Enter: Charley's war comics in the search box if it doesn't come up directly.

I have no idea how ood they are or if they represent value for money but I've dropped hints at home that they might make a good christmas present. Pity it's a long time till then.

Garth

Anybody interested in these might like to look at this website:

http://www.boogaloo.co.uk/

Enter: Charley's war comics in the search box if it doesn't come up directly.

I have no idea how ood they are or if they represent value for money but I've dropped hints at home that they might make a good christmas present. Pity it's a long time till then.

Garth

I have the two recent hardback editions covering 2nd June 1916 - 17th October 1916, the are of a very high quality and the graphics are excellent just like I rembered them in the 80's, reading Charley's War in Battle Action was the main spark in my Great War interest, they are well worth purchasing, the stories and particulary Joe Colquhoun's graphics are first class.

Brian

Amazon uk are already taking pre-orders for the 3rd book coming out in late October.

am i right in thinking,that the re-prints are only in black and white? And If i remember rightly the original strip was in colour??

Montbrehain,

It is usual in reprints of old comics: when the original comics were published in crude, bright colours with newspaper-type halftone, publishers consider that a black and white reprint is more respectful with the quality of the drawings, and I am of the opinion that B&W particularly suits Joe Colquhoun's drawings.

Gloria

am i right in thinking,that the re-prints are only in black and white? And If i remember rightly the original strip was in colour??

Some episodes were in colour and all those that "took the front page" had the first picture in colour. the majority of episodes, though, were in B&W.

(Most of the episodes in the "Summer Specials" etc (usually a different artist and poorer story lines) were in colour though)

Dave