Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Why Can I not find PTE James Quinn 9384 KIA France

PatsyQ

Have tried every combination I could think of for PTE James Quinn 9384 2nd Battalion KOSB he died 14/09/1914 at Battle of Aisne and is buried in Crouy Vauxrot Picardy his body was brought interred in 1921 we have his medals which were sent to the family in 1921 with his own identy discs that he had had made in India he joined KOSB in 1904 or 1905 he came out after 6 years service joined the Reserve Force and went to work at a Heworth Colliery Durham . ... Why can I not find him on the Archives He was possibly in the 1st Battalion KOSB when he went to India ...as it is remembered that he had been at Colchester Barracks also there does not seem to have been any medals for service in India I assume because all was quiet in India at that time.He was believed to have been only out the Army for a year when he returned to the colours he was the first person to go from Felling Durham and was part of the BEF that landed in Le Havre...Any help on the medal card situation could it be because his body was not discovered until after 1920 that he is not there??????/PatsyQ

He is in Soldiers died in the great war, Born in Jarrow, enlisted in North shields while living in North Shields. Killed in action, with the 2nd bn.

Tom.

Thank You so Much Chris.....I just don't know how you did it....have purchased but will struggle to dowload I guess...I love computers but I am so fearful of them..Thanks one more time Back to the dowloading Patsy

hello

you shouldnt have any probs downloading the MIC... :D

Ian

The Indian General Service Medal 1908 was issue with the clasp: North West Frontier 1908. He could have got the Delhi Durbar Medal 1911 too.

Troops were not sent to India specifically to take part in fighting, there were garrisons all over and it was mostly only the fronier states (especially the NW) where the fighting took place.

He is in Soldiers died in the great war, Born in Jarrow, enlisted in North shields while living in North Shields. Killed in action, with the 2nd bn.

Tom.

Well Chris after a couple of days have got the medal card and Victory.British and Star Medals and clasp 2/2600 its on the right hand side top of a page of James Quinn's and try as I might I cannot print it to include his is there some way to do this I wonder....Thank You for your help PatsyQ