Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

What are you doing for Remembrance Sunday?

trenchwalker

Not so fast, you two!!

My husband and I (I only paraphrase by Royal appointment!) will be attending the ceremony at the Cenotaph with Cynthia and Roberta, who seem to have forgotten the service at the Guards Chapel that precedes the nosh-up at Peelers.

On Remembrance Sunday I will attend the local ceremonies in Northampton, and watch the TV coverage.

:o Oh, oh, what do these Yanks know, anyway? I was depending upon you to be our shepherdess, Kate, so wherever you lead, I am guessing Roberta and I will follow! Hopefully not down the Embankment or anything like that! Because I don't have any info on the ceremony or anything else, and I am guessing Roberta is in the same boat, we both just guessed that the luncheon followed the Cenotaph ceremony. But I'm easy about what is going on that day, as my only plans were to be part of the whole experience, whatever that entails and however long it takes. It makes me proud to be part of it.

And many, many happy returns of the day, Kate! I hope Martin has made you some lovely cups of tea, served you breakfast in bed, and is treating you like the Queen that you are for the entire day!

PS Martin, you only have to do this for today!

I'll be listening to the ceremoy on Radio 4 LW in my kitchen on my old 1940's valve radio, probably doing the washing up or having a quiet cup of tea.

At 11 me and him in doors will put down what we are doing for 2 mins of quiet reflection.

Fleur

I shall be laying a wreath on our Village War Memorial and with a modicum of

pride, the Memorial is presently being refurbished courtesy of the Parish Council

and five names from the Great War being added which I provided.