Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Warwickshire M.I.C confusion

dpgdpg

Hello everyone. I'm new to this forum so i'll start off by saying "hello" to you all.

I stumbled apon this forum by chance whilst searching M.I.C on a web search.

My problem is an M.I.C to a Warwickshire pte. Albert E Hall, landed 22/8/1914 so im able to tell he was part of the 1st warwickshire. The index card also states he at sometime joined the R.E number 126701

The action taken area on the card has lots of scribbled writting which i cannot read. Along the top of the card there is some more writting, this time about a Albert E cleeton for which i have no clue to how it referes to Albert E hall?

Just below the action taken it says "C (something like G or B ) and then a + R'S". Was he awarded the clasp and rose? I know the warwickshire 1st was under fire to qualify.

Also can anyone tell me what AS/L/3251 refers to?

The m.i.c can be viewed on this links third message.

Many thanks to the user Private Parts for posting the link.

Lovely forum.

Im glad to of found you all and look forward to getting to know how to use it properbly.

Thank you

Hello Steve and welcome to the forum

The "C&Rs" will mean that he not only qualified for the clasp and roses but that he claimed them. Is there a reference number next to it with an "IV" qand a date? That is the Issue Voucher against which these emblems were despatched.

The AS/L/3251 - not sure without seeing it - but could it be a silver war badge roll?