Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Ineligible for What?

stephenh

Pals

What is my man ineligible for? Although not listed I'm thinking along the lines of Ineligible for a clasp to his 1914 star particularly so as he was in the RAMC. Could I be right?

Stephen

post-356-1150328825.jpg

Hi it looks highly likely that as they do not mention the entitlement to clasps and roses that he served behind the lines ie not within enemy gunfire.gareth

The comment appears to be dated 1967[18/6/67]so could well relate to a late claim for the 1914 "Bar",however it may relate to the SWB{War Badge} I would advise obtaining the Roll pages the SWB List & Medal Rolls {the references by the Medal titles}refer to from the NA.

these may clarify the situation for you

Thanks Chaps for your help. I also noticed the date in the corner but paid no attention to it. Will have to get a look at his 1914 star roll entry, could make interesting reading. Also in his 70s and making a late claim for a bar. After all that time I would not have thought that soldiers of that generation would be too worried about "extras" they may or may not have been entitled too. Interesting stuff, further research required methinks!!

Stephen

Will have to get a look at his 1914 star roll entry, could make interesting reading.

Don't forget his Silver War Badge Roll either{SWB List RAMC/1382??},that might contain much more information than you will get from Medal rolls ;)